At Jam3, we believe our client’s business problems are solved by design. Beyond meeting the basic functional needs, great design creates memorable, business-impacting value for our customers. As our Full-Stack Developer, you will be working for one of our largest clients. The work you’ll be doing will be forward thinking and require your expertise on frontend, backend and devops to use existing languages and frameworks. In order to be successful in this role you need to fully understand the Web Development life cycle.
You’ll be part of an international development team, comprised of some of the most talented makers, producers, and creative minds in the industry. You are responsible for bringing creativity to life with your code for our clients. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss this amazing career opportunity.
The Real Opportunity!
- Full Stack Developers are often playing the role of the Lead Developer on medium to large sized projects at Jam3. As a Lead, you will champion communication and organization, facilitating team interaction through effective communication
- You’ll be responsible for scoping out production plans and estimating timing for features and delegation and discussion of distribution of tasks with the support of your Technical Director
- As a leader of a development team, you are responsible for managing your own time, directing workflow to your teammates ensuring all deadlines are met and escalating concerns to the Technical Director when necessary
- Review not just your own work but also the output of your team in advance of internal and client milestones
- Communicate technical and project plans and approaches with clients in a clear and concise manner
- Use your experience to recognize system deficiencies and implement/suggest effective solutions for you and your team
- Contribute by keeping your knowledge sharp, staying up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies
- Take part in research and development initiatives when time permits, with the understanding that the delivery of billable projects take precedence
- You’ll have an opportunity to mentor junior team members and co-op students
Be prepared to discuss things like:
- Your experience with PHP
- Hacklang.org. Don’t worry if you’ve never heard of it!
- Working with public APIs
- Your views on open source
- Your experience with animation on the web using CSS transition, Greensock or other methods
Jam3 welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.