Technical Director’s Mission
At Jam3, we believe our client’s business problems are solved by design. Beyond meeting the basic functional needs, great design creates memorable, business-impacting value for our customers. As our new Technical Director, you would oversee an incredible variety of digital productions. If it’s technically possible, you have the passion, desire and interest to make it happen, on time, on budget, and with maximum creativity!
You’ll be part of an international development team, comprised of some of the most talented makers, producers, and creative minds in the industry. You are responsible for architecting, estimating, and leading brilliant executions for our clients worldwide (including but not limited to Facebook, Google, Spotify, Ford, Coke, Viacom, Fox, Disney). We look forward to meeting with you to discuss this amazing career opportunity.
The Real Opportunity!
- Collaborate with Producers in the planning and estimation of new work from a technical perspective on a weekly basis to directly influence the outcome of all major lines of business.
- Your love of technology is insatiable to the point you think researching is fun. Constantly learning is your dream job.
- Mentor your team members, levelling up your leadership and management skills seeing team members succeed beyond company expectations through bi-weekly 1 on 1s.
- Identify new talent and participate in the interviewing process. Help build the team you work with by referring top candidates to the Talent Manager and HR on a monthly basis.
- Help author company objectives for the development department and work with reports to develop personal OKRs on a quarterly basis to keep the company on track.
- Surface risk within projects through effective team communication by developing a safe and trusting teamwork environment involving every team member you work with.
- Our clients and your teammates are counting on you to be here, every day. If you’ve ever worked in this type of environment, you know how important teamwork and commitment are to your personal success.
- Your mastery with technology can be expressed in layman’s terms in such a way that less technical people understand concepts and apply them in their own work.
- Improve company process through regular review and scrutiny of production and product development processes.
- Attention to detail is critical. We take great pride in making sure every deliverable is 100 percent. You will help us get better through your keen technical eye and upholding of coding standards on a daily basis.
- Ability to learn a new technical skill on the job and apply it professionally.
Be Prepared to discuss things like:
- Knowledge acquired about backend. Server architecture and hosting platforms like Amazon AWS, WordPress VIP, ComputeEngine and high traffic solutions such as Load Balancers and CDNs
- Your opinion on popular frontend frameworks: React.js, Angular, VUE.js
- Specific topics such as Node.JS, PHP, Python, CSS Pre-Processors, Task runners, programmatic animation, iOS & Android development processes either native or cross-platform solutions will be discussed.
Jam3 welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.