Senior Dev’s Mission:
At Jam3, we believe our client’s business problems are solved by design. Beyond meeting the basic functional needs, great design creates memorable, business-impacting value for our customers. As our Senior Developer, you aren’t afraid to push the limits of what can be done with code while leading and mentoring other developers to do the same. If it’s technically possible, you have the passion, desire and interest to make it happen, on time, on budget, and with maximum creativity!
You’ll be part of an international development team, comprised of some of the most talented makers, producers, and creative minds in the industry. You are responsible for bringing creativity to life with your code for our clients worldwide (including but not limited to Facebook, Google, Spotify, Ford, Coke, Viacom, Fox, Disney). We look forward to meeting with you to discuss this amazing career opportunity.
The Real Opportunity!
- As the Lead Developer on medium to large sized projects, you will champion communication and organization amongst the development team, facilitating effective team interaction through communication
- You’ll be responsible for scoping out production plans and estimating timing for features and task lists with the oversight of a Technical Director
- As a leader of a development team, you are responsible for, managing your own time, and directing workflow to your teammates ensuring all deadlines are met, escalating concerns to the Technical Director when necessary
- Review not just your own work but also the output of your team in advance of internal and client presentations
- Communicate technical plans and approached with clients in a clear and concise manner
- Use your experience to recognize system deficiencies and implement/suggest effective solutions for you and your team
- Complete post-mortem documentation of technical development (ie. summary of hours and development difficulties)
- Contribute by keeping your knowledge sharp, staying up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Take part in research and development initiatives when time permits, with the understanding that the delivery of billable projects take precedence
- From time to time, you’ll have an opportunity to mentor junior team members and co-op students
- Leave your mark at Jam3 by submitting re-usable code to our Generator project
Be Prepared to Discuss Things Like:
- Your opinion on popular frontend frameworks: React.js, Angular, VUE.js
- Working with public APIs
- Your experience in the backend with Node.JS, Python or PHP
- Your experience working with NPM and module systems like Webpack or Browserify
- Your views on open source
- Your experience with animation on the web using CSS transition, Greensock or other methods
- Specific topics such as Node.JS, PHP, Python, SASS, LESS, Task runners, programmatic animation, iOS & Android development processes either native or cross platform solutions
Jam3 welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.