Creative Developer’s Mission:
At Jam3, we believe our client’s business problems are solved by design and solid executions. Beyond meeting the basic functional needs, great design and technical excellence merge to create memorable, business-impacting value for our customers. As our new Creative Developer, you will be responsible for looking beyond the pixels, seeing the realm of possibilities, and executing on the agreed upon best possibility. You will be a creative partner in exploration, and a digital explorer, helping to guide those who don’t think and speak in technical terms.
You’ll be part of an international team, comprised of some of the most talented makers, producers, and creative minds in the industry. You are responsible for working between the developers and creatives to help execute an idea that is innovative or different. You will help creatives adjust their vision with the technologies we’re working with or the techniques we’re familiar with, for our clients worldwide (including but not limited to Facebook, Google, Spotify, Ford, Coke, Viacom, Fox, Disney). We look forward to meeting with you to discuss this amazing career opportunity.
The Real Opportunity!
- Create materials and effects using GLSL and Shaders
- Manipulate 3D vector and matrix math to produce certain effects, procedural content, or interactions (i.e. raycasting)
- Optimize WebGL for web and mobile
- Working with and sometimes editing design assets in Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator or 3D modelling software
- Working with scripts and automation in creative applications such as Photoshop, After Effects, or 3D modelling software to optimize and enhance the production pipeline
- Working collaboratively outside of your silo, considering solutions that bridge multiple technologies. (e.g. Should we do 3D text with CSS 3D transforms or with a text rendering plugin for threejs?)
- Consider the simplest solution with the fewest creative limits (Should we create a dynamic background or play a cool background video?)
- Interpreting the creative desire, taking a creative ask and interpreting it in a way that is functional but also meets that creative requirement
- Being able to communicate creative ideas in concrete terms
Jam3 welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.